Windows 8 will ship with the Metro version of Internet Explorer as well as the normal desktop version. Unfortunately, the immersive version is the default web browser and you might not want that on a desktop or laptop.
Setting the Desktop Version of Internet Explorer as Default
The settings for both versions of Internet Explorer seem to be controlled by Internet Options available through the desktop version. So open the desktop version of Internet Explorer and click on the tools button and choose Internet options from the menu.
Now switch over to the programs tab.
Now change the Choose how you open links option to Always in Internet Explorer on the desktop.
Hit the apply button and you’re good to go.
That’s all there is to it.
- › The Best Articles for Using and Customizing Windows 8
- › The Best Tips and Tricks for Getting the Most out of Internet Explorer 10
- › Here’s 6 Great Tricks for Windows 8 that You Probably Don’t Know
- › Your Favorite Reddit App Is About to Shut Down
- › Mozilla Thunderbird’s Next Big Update Is Now in Beta
- › Google Chrome Now Has More Password Manager Features
- › Bing Chat on the Web Now Supports Voice Input
- › How to Stop Your PS5 From Overheating