Windows 8 has a new Start Screen, but there’s no Start Button anymore–and that might be too much for some people to deal with. Here’s how to get a Start button that opens up the new Metro-style Start menu.
Note: If you want to get back the Windows 7 style Start Menu, you can do that too.
Head over to this page to get your free copy of Start8. You will need to enter your email address and hit the Sign Up button.
Once your email address is processed you will be given a download link.
When the download has completed the installation of Start8 is of the next,next, finish kind.
Once your installation is complete you will have the regular Start Orb that we all know and love.
But when you click on it, you will have an impressive new Metro Styled Start Menu.
During testing both The Geek and I noticed some inconstancies in the program, such as what happens when you press the Windows Keyboard shortcut, however it’s a welcome addition to my Windows 8 taskbar.
- › The Best Articles for Using and Customizing Windows 8
- › Use Classic Shell to Get a Classic Start Menu & Explorer Toolbar in Windows 8
- › How to Boot to the Desktop & Skip Metro in Windows 8
- › 7 Awesome Google Drive Features You May Not Know About
- › Why You Should Choose a VPN With Diskless Servers
- › How to Contact Facebook For Account Help
- › How to View Instagram Posts Without an Account
- › “What If We Put It In Space?” Is the New Go-To Solution to Earth Problems