Got Awesome Skills? Why Not Write for How-To Geek?
image by DavidTurnbull
Think you have the perfect combination of geek knowledge and writing skills? We’re looking for an experienced writer to join our team. Please apply if you have the following qualities:
- You must be a geek at heart.
- You must be able to write articles that are easy to understand.
- You must be able to take a great screenshot. We pride ourselves on great screenshots and you’ll need to be able to produce them.
- If you want to write about Windows, you should be running Windows 7 already. Linux, Mac, Android, and even iPhone writers are welcome too.
- You must be able to follow our style guide.
- You must be creative. You must generate ideas for articles on your own, and take suggestions like a pro.
- You must be able to write tips, how-to articles, guides, instructional articles, etc. We are not looking for another freeware software reviewer.
How To Apply (Important) Send an email to email@example.com and include the following in your email:
- Explain why your geek skills are worth touting to 140,000+ RSS, email, Twitter and Facebook readers each day.
- Your name and location. We’d prefer US-based, but that’s not a requirement.
- Any previous experience you have with writing, not necessarily with blogging.
- A brief overview of the topics you are familiar with, and what operating systems/computers you have access to.
- Most Important: We want a sample How-To article. We will not publish this unless we hire you.
So what are you waiting for? Email us already!