Over the last year we’ve posted a bunch of interesting wallpaper posts, and for today’s Week in Geek we’ve got the best ones lined up, as well as some very interesting Productive Geek posts, and more.
TinyHacker Continues Random Geekery
Since I’m pressed for time today, there’s no cool screenshots of each one, but you should definitely check them out.
- Muziic – Stream Virtually any Song or Music Video
- 12 Classic Solitaire Games
- WhatInStartup Shows Detailed Startup Info
- Clean the Notification Area Icon Cache in Windows 7
- Great Music On Demand with Grooveshark
- Spybot, Search & Destroy HiRes (Icons We Like)
- Use Revo Uninstaller’s Built-in Tracks Cleaner
Got an interesting tip you’d like to see featured on TinyHacker? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we might feature it there.
Productive Geek Helps You Get Things Done
Over at the Productive Geek site, the readers and forum members are already contributing some really interesting stuff. For instance, have you ever wondered what those EULA agreements really mean every time you install a piece of software?
You can also learn some tips to help you learn how to properly delegate when you’re at work.
There’s also something useful for everybody… how to save some money with a couple of great Coupon sites.
Productive Geek Goes Mobile!
We’ve built a completely new mobile site for Productive Geek, that allows you to not only read the articles but participate on the forum. You can post topics, replies, and read through the forum right from your iPhone, iPod Touch, Android phone, or possibly other mobile devices. You don’t have to go to any special URL either, you’ll just automatically be shown the mobile site from your phone.
In the very near future, you’ll be able to use How-To Geek on your mobile device the same way… here’s some screenshots of the Productive Geek Mobile to get you excited =)
There’s a lot more awesome stuff coming…
Super User Questions Become Super Answers
As usual, there’s loads of interesting stuff over at Super User.
- how to report some illegal website to FBI or crime department
- Linux: rename file but keep extension?
- Installing google chrome on RHEL 5.3
- Making BASH script `for` handle filenames with spaces (or workaround)
- Looking for MD5 utility that integrates to Windows
- What is the maximum workable RAM on a modern PC?
- Player that can fade out/in a song
- slim down disk space usage windows 7
- How to clear the contents of a file from the command line?
- How do you add zero before values in excel document?
The Geek Note
We’ve been furiously building new features for Productive Geek, but we’re about to turn our attention to the other sites in the network with a lot of new enhancements, like the new Mobile How-To Geek site we’re building.
And here’s what it looks like so far… still a bunch of work to do.
Once we’re done, you’ll be able to participate on How-To Geek, including posting on the forum, directly from your phone.