Ever been looking at Task Manager and wondered just what that weird process is? You aren’t alone, we do the same thing over here, and we’ve got a whole list of them that we’ve already deciphered for you.
In no specific order, here’s the list of the processes we’ve covered in-depth. If there’s a specific process that you’re really curious about, leave a comment and let us know.
Be sure and let us know if there’s a process you’d like to understand better, and we’ll do some research on it.
TinyHacker Random Geekery
There’s lots more geek links, and even some non-geeky stuff too. It’s random!
Super User Random Super Stuff
Ahh, questions and answers.
- Simple tree notepad like editor
- Recovering a lost website with no backup?
- What can I do with a large Hard Drive?
- Mysterious cpu usage
- How can I use Google URL Shortener ?
- What’s a good monitor with large pixels?
- Windows: how to downgrade windows explorer 8 to the older versions ?
- How do I plug more than two monitors to my computer?
- Power Supply Too Big?
- Does anyone remember this old cat chasing mouse application?
- Can I remove and put back the heatsink of my processor without reapplying thermal paste
360 IT Advice
I’m now listed as one of the “Experts” over at the Microsoft-sponsored 360 IT Advice site, which is pretty cool. The basic idea is that people can ask their IT questions, and get answers from a panel of experts. Even though it’s sponsored by Microsoft, much of the advice covers non-Microsoft topics.
Anyway, here’s a couple topics submitted by my friends, and if you’ve got your own IT challenge, you can submit it to get feedback from the panel.
Note: NetShelter is the company that handles our advertising here at How-To Geek.
Facebook Fan Page
If you’re a big Facebook user, we’ve got our own page on Facebook and you can become a fan.
We also finally hooked up the articles into the feed, so the page will have updates each time we post a new article here. You can discuss topics with other geeks, and do whatever you Facebook people do.