Ever been looking at Task Manager and wondered just what that weird process is? You aren’t alone, we do the same thing over here, and we’ve got a whole list of them that we’ve already deciphered for you.
In no specific order, here’s the list of the processes we’ve covered in-depth. If there’s a specific process that you’re really curious about, leave a comment and let us know.
Be sure and let us know if there’s a process you’d like to understand better, and we’ll do some research on it.
TinyHacker Random Geekery
There’s lots more geek links, and even some non-geeky stuff too. It’s random!
Super User Random Super Stuff
Ahh, questions and answers.
- Simple tree notepad like editor
- Recovering a lost website with no backup?
- What can I do with a large Hard Drive?
- Mysterious cpu usage
- How can I use Google URL Shortener ?
- What’s a good monitor with large pixels?
- Windows: how to downgrade windows explorer 8 to the older versions ?
- How do I plug more than two monitors to my computer?
- Power Supply Too Big?
- Does anyone remember this old cat chasing mouse application?
- Can I remove and put back the heatsink of my processor without reapplying thermal paste
360 IT Advice
I’m now listed as one of the “Experts” over at the Microsoft-sponsored 360 IT Advice site, which is pretty cool. The basic idea is that people can ask their IT questions, and get answers from a panel of experts. Even though it’s sponsored by Microsoft, much of the advice covers non-Microsoft topics.
Anyway, here’s a couple topics submitted by my friends, and if you’ve got your own IT challenge, you can submit it to get feedback from the panel.
Note: NetShelter is the company that handles our advertising here at How-To Geek.
Facebook Fan Page
If you’re a big Facebook user, we’ve got our own page on Facebook and you can become a fan.
We also finally hooked up the articles into the feed, so the page will have updates each time we post a new article here. You can discuss topics with other geeks, and do whatever you Facebook people do.
Programmer by day, geek by night, The Geek, also known as Lowell Heddings, spends all his free time bringing you fresh geekery on a daily basis. You can follow him on Google+ if you'd like.
- Published 12/18/09