This week we gave away some software, learned a bunch of new things, and even had some Friday Fun. So now it’s time for our weekly wrap-up with lots of links and such for you to enjoy.
Dual-Monitor Wallpapers & DisplayFusion Winners
Earlier this week, we announced a giveaway for DisplayFusion Pro, and as of now the contest is over and the winners have been chosen. We’ll be sending out emails to each of the 5 of you.
For the rest of you, if you want some awesome widescreen wallpapers that can work for dual screens, check out the DesktopGaming collection—there’s quite a few good ones in ultra-wide resolution, like this one at 2560×1024:
There’s more wallpapers, just head over there and check out the “Browse” link at the top, where you can find wallpaper by resolution and system.
Weekly Random TinyHacker
Loads of links. Yay!
Super User Weekly Hottest Questions
…most of which were answered by the geeks over at Super User.
- Can I connect to two networks simultaneously with two ethernet cards?
- Why isn’t hibernation enabled by default?
- Turn off change file extension warning in windows?
- How I can build small site without any web development skills?
- What well known software fails on windows 7
- How do I image my hard drive for backup? Or do I just need to backup the files?
- Launchy vs Deskbar vs…?
- How to record DirectTV HD DVR to a DVD or PC?
- Possible to force all disk activity to RAM?
- Enable multiple audio output on Windows 7
- Vista to Windows 7 – Upgrading or clean installation?
Last Year in Geek
Around 8700 hours ago, we showed you how to:
- Stupid Geek Tricks: Enable More Fonts for the Windows Command Prompt
- Map a Drive Letter to a Folder the Easy Way in Windows
- How to Import Gmail Contacts Into Outlook 2007
- Prevent Windows XP from Creating the Thumbs.db Thumbnail Cache Files
- Create a Report of Installed Hardware and Software with WinAudit
The Weekly Geek Note
I need a nap.