Last month, we reviewed our friend Ciprian’s new book by Microsoft Press, Network Your Computers & Devices: Step by Step—and we’ve twisted his arm until he decided to give away 10 free copies for our readers.
UPDATE: The giveaway is over, and the winners have been contacted.
First, the book: It’s a great book that covers networking between computers running Windows 7, XP, Vista, Linux, and even Mac OS X. Just as the title suggests, he’s got step-by-step tutorials that explain how to get your network up and running with a minimum of fuss.
Want to see for yourself? You can grab a copy of the free sample chapter if you’d like, or you can look through the chapter outline:
- Chapter 1: Setting Up a Router and Devices
- Chapter 2: Setting User Accounts on All Computers
- Chapter 3: Setting Up Your Libraries on All Windows 7 Computers
- Chapter 4: Creating the Network
- Chapter 5: Customizing Network Sharing Settings in Windows 7
- Chapter 6: Creating the Homegroup and Joining Windows 7 Computers
- Chapter 7: Sharing Libraries and Folders
- Chapter 8: Sharing and Working with Devices
- Chapter 9: Streaming Media Over the Network and the Internet
- Chapter 10: Sharing Between Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Computers
- Chapter 11: Sharing Between Mac OS X and Windows 7 Computers
- Chapter 12: Sharing Between Ubuntu Linux and Windows 7 Computers
- Chapter 13: Keeping the Network Secure
- Chapter 14: Setting Up Parental Controls
- Chapter 15: Troubleshooting Network and Internet Problems
Whether you believe it’s the perfect book or not, we’re giving away one for free, so keep reading.
Giveaway Details: Or What You Need to Do
Since we’ve got an awful lot of subscribers, and we’ve only got 10 ebooks to give away, we need a few rules. So here’s how you can put your name into the hat for the giveaway:
- Method 1: Leave a comment on the giveaway post over on our Facebook Fan page. Obviously you’ll need to Like us before you can leave a comment.
- Method 2: If you don’t use Facebook, you can tweet this post using the Tweet button at the top of the article.
- Winners: We’ll randomly pick 10 winners from those who participate.
- Expiration: This giveaway expires in 3 days, give or take a day. We’ll announce the winners and contact them directly.
So go forth, and get yourself a free ebook!
Of course, if you want the print version, you can get that for a discount over on Amazon at the moment.
Programmer by day, geek by night, The Geek, also known as Lowell Heddings, spends all his free time bringing you fresh geekery on a daily basis. You can follow him on Google+ if you'd like.
- Published 02/16/11