Are you a geek in the IT field that wants to share your skills with the world? We’re looking for an experienced Sysadmin / IT Admin / Webmaster geek with writing skills that wants to join our team on a part-time basis.
Please apply if you have the following qualities:
- You must be a geek at heart, willing to try and make the boring world of IT sound glamorous and sexy. If that’s not possible, at least be willing to share your wisdom and skills to help other IT geeks save time and become better at what they do.
- You must be able to write articles that are easy to understand.
- Either Windows or Linux writers are welcome to apply.
- You must be able to follow our style guide.
- You must be creative. You must generate ideas for articles on your own, and take suggestions like a pro.
- You’re ambitious, looking to build your skills and your name, and are prepared to work hard.
If you aren’t willing to work hard, put some dedication and pride into your work, or aren’t really interested in the topic, this job might not be for you. We’re looking for serious individuals that want to grow with us, and as we grow, you’ll grow as well.
How To Apply
If you think this job is a good fit for you, send an email to email@example.com and include some background information about yourself, why you’d be a good fit, some topic areas you are familiar with, and hopefully some examples of your work.
Bonus points if you have a ninja costume and a keyboard strapped to your back.
Programmer by day, geek by night, The Geek, also known as Lowell Heddings, spends all his free time bringing you fresh geekery on a daily basis. You can follow him on Google+ if you'd like.
- Published 04/27/10