How-To Geek

Wall Wart (Transformer)

The power transformers/adapters that many electronics require are, non-affectionately, referred to as wall warts. The unpleasant sounding term pokes fun at the adapters which are generally ugly, bulky, and quite frequently block nearby electrical sockets.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers


Go check your email!