How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - zip file icon got changed to a blank page

(5 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by curry318
  • Latest reply from curry318
  • Topic Viewed 589 times

curry318
curry318

The little folder with the zipper down the side icon somehow got changed into a blank page with a curled top. How can I change it back?

Posted 2 years ago

jimmyrayjit
jimmyrayjit

In the first attempt, it is looking as virus/Malware/Trojan attack. So, first you make sure the anti virus you have installed, is updated and working or not. If the Anti-virus tool have not update then update or bring a new copy of Norton Antivirus Software and install and properly scan and remove, if anything you found.

Now comes on the second part: First make sure you have change the settings of the folder or not. And, also check if you have installed any new software. Sometimes, if have seen the software change the logo of pre-installed software images, icons, and file & folders. If you have made any change in the Folder Security-setting then revert into previous. Hope your issue will resolve!!

Thanks @ Best Regard !!
---------------------------
Jimmy Ray Jit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Edit by mod, self promotion / spam strictly forbidden on HTG
New York

Posted 2 years ago

curry318
curry318

Thank you. I will try it.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Try the ICO fix from here,
http://www.winhelponline.com/b.....windows-7/

Posted 2 years ago

curry318
curry318

Surprise! I did it myself. I just uninstalled the zip thing I had and reinstalled something else. I got the little folder with the zipper down the side again! Oh happy day. It's working great. I don't know what was wrong before, but it's fixed now. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.