The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

zip. downloaded drivers.

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by VictorSarabia
  • Latest reply from ScottW
  • Topic Viewed 2116 times

VictorSarabia

I already downloaded driver(agp_121.zip) and I need to burn it ,but I do not know if is necessary to unzip or what?I am running Ubuntu 7.04, and this proyect is for another machine,Please advise me. Thanks Victor.

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

More information is needed to help you. What is the device you are downloading the driver for, where did you find that one and what is the computer model number?

Posted 5 years ago

VictorSarabia

The problem that I got is: I tried to install Ubuntu 7.04 , it started but then it froze. Then I tried windows xp sp-2, and it did everything right until the first restart . But Problem It Goes Back to the beginning of the installation. Motherboard K7S5A Pro Release, American Megatrends, AMI BIOS, AMD (ATHLON) Processor 1250 Mhz ,socket 462.Thanks for the help.Victor

Posted 5 years ago

VictorSarabia

Got the driver from ECS web site.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Victor, are you installing XP from a CD or DVD? Typically, on this kind of install you would first boot from the optical drive. Windows installation will start and begin copying files to your hard drive that will be used for the next phase of the installation. The first restart should boot off of the hard drive and continue installing Windows. When you say that it goes back to the beginning, I'm wondering if maybe the system is booting off the optical drive after the first reboot instead of the hard drive.

Posted 5 years ago

VictorSarabia

ScottW: I am going to check on it, not shure but it sounds like You are correct, So if that may be the problem What should I do? Thanxs . By the way I am installind from a CD.Victor

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Here's a great link that has lots of pictures of each stage of the install with instructions as well:
http://www.winsupersite.com/sh....._clean.asp

On the system shown, as on many I've used, there is a message to "Press a key to boot from CD". On the first boot you should press the key, and on the first reboot you should not press the key. If your system behaves differently, you might need to pull the disc out or go to the boot menu and choose the hard drive.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!