I'm sorry
And do feel bad

I hope I didnt offend anyone

DAmn, i seem to have written this kind of thing too many times recently :(

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Dearest Aleeve,

We're getting a little tired of having to mod you on a daily basis. Your cooperation isn't negotiable.

Scott

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

:(
Sorry

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Scott, try telling Aleeve "that dog won't hunt." A southern saying for something that's not going to work.

Posted 6 years ago

GaardCeteru
GaardCeteru

here in my country we say : "dog that barks doesn't bite" referring to some people that only threaten you but never really do the stuff they say...

I have always wondered what the sentence "grass is always greener on the other side" refers to?

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

The "grass is always greener" refers to envy. Someone who thinks everyone has it better than they do or if they were only somewhere else, their life would be better. Like looking over your neighbors fence thinking they live a better life than you do.

PS: Americans say "all bark and no bite"

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

In the US we also say, "His bark is worse than his bite", referring to the person who will threaten much, but do little. So very similar to GaardCeteru's saying.

@GaardCeteru: did you say what country you are from in South America? Can you at least tell us the primary language -- Spanish, Portugese?

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

ScottW, I don't see the difference in bark and bite:) Did you ever find out how to remote access Vista? I was following that thread closely then it just disappeared. I'd like that answer myself. Hope you are having a great vacation. I sure am!:) Don't worry though, I'll be "out of your hair" come Monday.

"out of your hair" = I won't be bothering you or pestering you or annoying you.

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Granny, if you want to learn the difference between bark and bite then talk to someone who has been bitten!

Old threads never die, they just fade away...into the list of all threads. From the forum front page, choose "Latest discussions" from "Views" on the right hand side. Of course that thread about remote access has faded away to page 6 (as of now). Here's a link:
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....-home-prem

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

tech granny
why wont me saying sorry work?

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

"All bark and no bite". (England).

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Well i do mean it
Whatever you guys think
I am genuinely sorry

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Aleeve, I was just "pulling your leg"! That means I was joking or kidding you.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

I know what pulling your leg means
and im glad
thanks granny :) (as i read that you would now like to be called!)

Posted 6 years ago

GaardCeteru
GaardCeteru

@ ScottW: I'm not from South America, I'm from Central America, El Salvador (country itself to be more specific) and the primary language is Spanish =P

About the "pulling leg" thing here it has to do with scaring someone.. like when some friend has been doing a prank on you or a joke you dont like much, you can tell them: "when I die I'll come back in the night to pull your leg for all you've done to me ;) " of course said on a friendly way doesn't sound that creepy lol.. although some people say it like they mean it.. THAT sounds creepy lol!

Posted 6 years ago

JKay
JKay

Ahh spanish, I took 5 years of it in school I remember the basics but my vocabulary in it dissappered!

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

GaardCeteru, thank you for sharing the "pulling leg" thing. I've never heard that definition before! When someone pulls a prank or joke on us, we say "when I die, I"ll come back to haunt you". It's always said in a friendly way! (not too many people believe in ghosts:)

JKay, good to hear from you. Hope you had a happy 4th! I've been using Spanish Language software for a year now and all I seem to remember is el carro:D. (Funny, I always seem to remember how to order beer!)

Posted 6 years ago

JKay
JKay

Well the 4th of July was just like any day here for me, worked 12 hours, was supposed to be home since the 1st!!! but they keep delaying me and whatnot, apperently helicopters and sand dont mix very well...

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

unlucky man :(
I saw on msnbc that the larger bases had bbqs and other things to celebrate the 4th
did you?

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.