How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Yes, Changes are in progress.

(55 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by The Geek
  • Latest reply from jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Topic Viewed 3129 times

thegeek
The Geek

I think the favorites could really help the casual user as well, since it would help them more easily find their original post. It's a great feature that's just underused.

Posted 5 years ago

Smashpmk712
Smashpmk712

@ Bud, For that you can use the "Topics that I have participated in" link on the right hand side.

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

@Smash: It's also in the Quick Links drop-down now as well, so you can get to it from anywhere.

Posted 5 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

Yeah Smash, that's what I did at first, I just like it better because I can add and remove items so it tends to keep it much smaller and quicker to get to the ones I am working on.

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I'll see about adding it shortly here.

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Test post

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Done, favorites is now on the menu, statistics is removed since it's not really important.

Posted 5 years ago

mpc104
mpc104

great job mr. geek

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

I just noticed the header on the views page is blue and clicking on one will sort the posts.
Is this a new feature or did I just not notice it before?

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

It's not a new feature. It only sorts what is on the current page, not the entire view... so it's not entirely useful really.

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

Hmm. Odd. Until I just reloaded the page your last post said it was by geekadmin with a penguin avatar who registered on April 1th.

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Heh... I have that account only for testing... I forgot I was signed in on the wrong account when I replied. Oops.

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

Ok, that makes since.
I'm not sure but I think the views header used to be black not blue. The color change was made me think it might be new.
It sounds like the header sort is another in a long line of half baked bbPress features. Like the blue topic links. Every time there is a new post every page link gets turned blue when the new post is just on the last page only.

Posted 5 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

Hey thanks Geek, that helped me out quite a bit, I hope it was relatively simple on your part!! How do you keep your cats, dogs, pigs and ferrets off you while you type (at home at least)? And why hasn't ICHC taken any of my submissions, I guess I don caption well....:-(

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i like the quick links idea haven't really gotten used to it yet but will master it in time

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!