(Solved) - Yamaha DJX 2 & GarageBand

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by owen123
  • Latest reply from owen123
  • Topic Viewed 804 times

owen123
owen123

Hi

As the title suggests, I would like to use My Yamaha DJX 2, with GarageBand (lastest version).

The DJX2 has a midi in and a midi out channel.

I have a Midi Interface.

I have tried connecting it all up, the midi and the usb light both indicate it is working, garageband shows 1 midi device, but where do i go from there?

Thanks in Advance

Owen

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

BUMP

Posted 1 year ago

oldgeezer

I used the DJX-1 with MIDI a long time ago and after setting up the channel and timings in the function menu it worked reasonably well, though I used a fairly decent MIDI interface (an M-Audio one) because there was a terrible problem with latency using a cheaper interface. I also seem to recall that when they brought out the DJX-2 they omitted large parts of the MIDI capabilities and users were limited to bulk dumps which I doubt whether Garageband can do much with. It's a bit of an old beast so I cannot find much in the way of definite information about it but I would suggest checking the manual to ensure that the DJX can handle proper MIDI output.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

Ok thanks, by what i can tell it isn't really fit for my purpose, but it doesn't matter as I mainly use gb for its samples.

Thanks again

Owen

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.