How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Yahoo Email Problem

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by gregoryshock125
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 288 times

gregoryshock125
gregoryshock125

I have been having trouble with my yahoo email. I can not create a new folder and move anything to it. When I first discovered this issue, I made posting about firefox http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=8 but I just discovered that I am also having the same issue in google chrome. However everything is working fine with Internet Explorer. Is anyone else having this trouble? I also posted a video about it. http://youtu.be/_nqVMjc_xy8

Posted 1 year ago

gregoryshock125
gregoryshock125

Update: No sooner then I posted this, the feature stopped working in I.E. As well. This is really confusing. I am thinking maybe it is yahoo themselves. I already did a full antivirus scan. Windows Security Essentials, Spybot search and destroy, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, SUPERAntiSpyware and Plus I did this:
http://www.howtogeek.com/13370.....-programs/ and found no viruses. I also did

and found no problems there.

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Hi
I have closed your other topic so as not to have two similar requests open.

Yahoo Mail has been slow all week,
I did see a question on the Q and A page from someone else experiencing problems.
I think it is a Yahoo mail problem not you,it takes ages for the tabs become effective, they are remaining Greyed out for ages.
Yahoo will respond I am sure but 'in their own time' :)

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

What Drizzle said only it's been logy for far longer than a week. I had no trouble making a test folder just now but, when I tried to delete, the system hung up and I had to reopen my mail before I could delete the folder (and, even then, it was slow). Problems like this crop up whenever Yahoo forces new software on us (we used to be able to stay with or revert to the previous version but not anymore) and it can take months to a year or more for the problems to get fixed, not to mention every new version has been worse than the previous. Besides the general flakiness, such as being slow, unstable, and other occasional weirdness, this version took away the controls at the bottom of an email, such as delete, move, reply, etc. one has to navigate back to the top of the page. It also now truncates longer emails and, when one clicks on the button to see the rest of the email, it takes one back to the beginning. I would dump Yaho but I get all of my annual billing by email now and all my online accounts require my email as a username. Trying to change all that would be a nightmare I just don't want to deal with. The last time I did change my email address, many of my friends "didn't get the memo" despite repeated emails telling them about it (the same with my physical mailing address when it changed only worse). Add to that there isn't much out there to change to. Gmail is too snoopy. Hotmail (and its replacement) requires me to enable all cookies on my computer (that will happen when hell freezes over; it's my computer and I'll determine who puts what on it). So, I'm kinda stuck with the yahoos at Yahoo.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!