The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

xp folders in W-7

(7 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by mountainman
  • Latest reply from mountainman
  • Topic Viewed 1261 times

mountainman

iS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE THE FOLDERS IN W-7 LOOK LIKE XP FOLDERS?

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

I don't understand your request? Is this an icon on the desktop, icons in Explorer, or file lists?

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

mountainman

When I go into my documents in XP I could customize them. Like my pictures, I could show a full picture that I picked. In W-7 you just see a side view. It is had to pick one

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

Still to little info? Are you using Windows Explorer to do this? If so, VIEW --> DETAILS would alter what you see?

If that isn't it, please explain fully what you are using and what you see vs. what you want to see?

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

mountainman

In my Documents on my computer when I was running XP Home I could make the folders look like this. I would right click, got to properties, customize, then pick a picture to put on the front of the folder

In W-7 they look like this

What I would like to do is make them look like XP. Sorry for the troble, but I'm 74 and slow to learn

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

OK, I see now. I'm right behind you in age, so don't worry about. More info than needed always helps.

Looks like this is an MS change and I can't find a way to duplicate XP? About all it seems to allow you to do is under the PROPERTIES --> CUSTOMIZE tab, Folder Pictures is to select a single picture to be show, still at an angle though.

Sorry I can't help more, maybe someone else knows how to get around this?

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

mountainman

Thanks for the help anyway. Maybe some one will find a way to do it. I like W-7 alot, but miss the old folders

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.