The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

XP and Windows 7

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by micheller
  • Latest reply from InterPC
  • Topic Viewed 569 times

micheller

Hello, I have a windows Xp pc which will NOT boot up at all. I have a backup disc produced using Norton 360 from my XP pc before it became faulty. I have now purchased a new Windows 7 pc. Can I use the backup disc from the Xp pc on my new Windows 7 pc to transfer the files I have and If so how can I do this?

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

micheller hi. Please do not create multiple topics on the same problem. Your other one has been deleted.
In future, give it a day or 3, and then bump it (add a post) which will bring it back to the front page.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

you can insert the backup disk into your PC, then explore the contents of the CD, and extract/copy various documents that you need.

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC
InterPC

Install Norton 360 on your new PC. Run Norton 360 after inserting the backup disk in the drive. Now click on the Backup and Restore button you will then need to click the Restore link. Then choose the files/items you want to restore make sure you opt out of installing the files in the original place. Finally, click the Restore Now button and wait until complete. Mickeyblue's method may also work as well.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.