The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Word 2013 Error

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by dlriales
  • Latest reply from Kakoli
  • Topic Viewed 5629 times

dlriales

I installed Word 2013 on 2 Windows 7 macnines & 1 Windows 8. Both Windows 7 PCs the Word program crash & show "not responding". but the one installed on Windows 8 works correctly. What can I do to get Word 2013 to work correctly on a WIndows 7 PC?

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

dlriales, first question, how many licences do you have?

2nd question have you uninstalled all previous versions of office on all machines,

Posted 1 year ago

dlriales

Microsoft 2013 was installed as a upgrade to Office 2010. I have at least 10 license I can use. I have used only 1 license on a Windows 8 PC. The Windows 7 PCs 1 was installed as a new installation and the other as an upgrade to Office 2010. All other applications to Office 2013 have no problems.
When Word 2013 crashes, it states looking for solutions but none are available. Also when documents are accesses, they crash when you go to print the document or save the document.

Posted 1 year ago

mkalhaj

Please try the following:

In Word 2013 Click File>Options>Advanced>(Scroll down to Print options) and deselect the second option [Print in background].

Some printer drivers do not allow background printing.

Please note that you ALSO have to do this in MS PowerPoint.
I couldn't find this option in Excel, Access, Publisher, InfoPath, or OneNote. Maybe these MS Office programs will take their main options from Word.

Posted 1 year ago

Kakoli

Try disabling add-in in word file-options-add-in section, I disabled "Send to Bluetooth" add-in and it worked for me.. let me know if this works..

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.