How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

(Solved) - Word 2007 track changes problems

(3 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Nawrot
  • Latest reply from Nawrot
  • Topic Viewed 2326 times

Nawrot

Hi

I am having trouble with word as it does not recognise that text has been deleted through track changes until the changes have been accepted. For example, on one computer it is fine. I make changes in track changes and the new text is in a different colour and deleted text is also in a different colour with a strikethrough. However on my colleagues computer when he opens the doc, all text displays in black and all new text is included plus all old text remains and so the document is nonsense. If he selects "accept all changes" or "final" from the review section the deleted text disappears and the document can be read with all my input accepted. But this renders track changes as useless because if he can't see what my changes have been.

Posted 2 years ago

Nawrot

Issue: My colleague's word 2007 does not recognise that text has been deleted through track changes.

Background:

I make changes to the original document in word 2007 and it appears on my screen as normal - new text is in a different colour and deleted text is also in a different colour with a strikethrough.

When my colleague opens the document, all text displays in black. But when you read the document you can see that all my new text is included but the major problem is that all old text, even deleted text) remains. So the document is nonsense.

For example:

Original document text: The cat sat on the mat

Text once I revised it: The cat (sat - deleted text) is sitting on the mat

How the text appears when my colleague looks at it: The cat satis sitting on the mat

What we have tried

If he selects "accept all changes" or "final" from the review section the deleted text disappears and the document can be read with all my input accepted.

But this renders track changes as useless because if he can't see what my changes have been.

Posted 2 years ago

Nawrot

I found the answer: thought I should share:

Go to Review|Track Changes > Change Tracking Options. There you can control the display of tracked insertions and deletions. You might want to set the latter to 'Hidden'.

Note: This setting is machine-specific; it does not travel with the document. those with whom you share the document will need to set their own display preferences.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.