How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

(Solved) - WORD 2007 HAPPY FACE

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by bg
  • Latest reply from bg
  • Topic Viewed 5633 times

bg
bg

when typing a word document some times a happy face pops up and then you have to backspace to get rid of it. this is very annoying. example: when i type "(installs on C:)" a happy face pops up the instant that i type the second parenthesis and then i have to backspace to get rid of the happy face. does anybody know how to stop this?

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom
Appletom

Simple. Click the orb, then choose "Word Options" at the bottom.

Click "Proofing", then click "Auto Correct Options".

Now highlight the offending smiley and click "Delete".

You can also go in and make a bunch of great changes in this area. For some reason, my left pinkie finger is way faster than my right pointer finger, so words with "ha" (have, has, had, etc.) usually come out "ah" (ahve, ahs, ahd) as I type. I've asked Word to fix that and it does.

Plus you can easily assign three keystrokes as anything you want. For example, I could ask Word to type "The How-To Geek Daily Email Newsletter" every time I type "htg".

Posted 6 years ago

pipo
pipo

@appletom
that's a cool trick, i didn't know that, another addition to my geek library

@bg
in case you're wondering where the smiley is coming from, it's from the ":)" in the line that you typed, on the other hand, in case you ever type ":(" it will produce a sad face.

Posted 6 years ago

bg
bg

appletom, thanks for the fix, everything is working fine now.
pipo, the quotation marks were not in my orig. typing so the smiley was coming from :) - thanks for the info anyway

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.