The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

wireless connection issue

(2 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Ace19897
  • Latest reply from ScottW
  • Topic Viewed 826 times

Ace19897

hello heres my problem and what i need help with......I am using a belkin wireless g router that does connect me to the internet on my main computer but at the same time is supposed to give me wireless internet for the rest of the house but does not how do i manage to make it wireless as well? what I've tried so far is using the network setup wizard that did not help i also tried editing the properties and that didnt do anything either if you know what i should do please tell me and thank you a lot. (also im not sure if this is in the right forum sorry if its not)

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Ace, what operating system are you using for the wireless? That would tell you which forum to post in. What's the exact model of that router?

Some things to check: make sure that wireless is enabled on the router. Make sure the system can "see" the router by name in the list of available networks. Try and connect to the router and post any error messages. If it appears to connect, get the details of the IP configuration (IP address, gateway, subnet mask, DNS, etc.) and post them here.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!