The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - WinPE.iso?

(22 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Mike1030
  • Latest reply from Hermitt
  • Topic Viewed 3671 times

Mike1030

whs this https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=475A0A48CA6D4035&id=475A0A48CA6D4035%211812 is for 64 bit & not 32 bit CPUs.

Could you care to post a link of Marcrium Rescue CD for 32 bit CPU?

Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Mike, try this link... http://www.fileswap.com/dl/4sZ.....E.zip.html

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

Mike1030

This https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=475A0A48CA6D4035&id=475A0A48CA6D4035%211812 looks like for W7 besides 64 but CPUs?

Thanks Jim shall give this link a try.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Actually I think both files are the same since whs uploaded them to both locations.
Since you're running XP, why don't you just run Macrium and create the linux rescue disk.

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

Mike1030

Thanks Jim, ok so Linux Rescue CD shall work for XP what about 32 bit W7?

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Mike, to the best of my knowledge, it should work for XP, Vista and Win7 but I was under the impression it would boot up regardless of the 32/64bit.
Ideally, the Linux Rescue disk should be created on the PC it will be used on.
Also keep in mind that the Linux Rescue disk won't work properly on all PC's.
Case in point, I have a Dell Dimension E521 that has a USB keyboard & USB Mouse and the Linux Rescue disk DOES NOT load drivers for those two items so there is no way to make selections after booting with that disk. For that reason I was forced to create and use the WinPE rescue disk.

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Mike, I am sorry. But I do not have a 32bit version. All my systems are 64bit. But if your system is 64bit capable, the 64bit version would work, even if the image was taken with a 32bit Macrium. You can even use it to make images.

I would stay away from the Linux rescue CD. It has a lot less options than the WinPE.

Posted 1 year ago

Mike1030

Thanks, whs can one use a 32 bit 1.7 GB Rescue CD for XP?

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

The rescue CD is NOT 1.7GB - it is 154MB. I have explained that 20 times. And yes, you can use it for any Macrium image.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

I uploaded my WinPE_32bit ISO to dropbox.
WinPE_32bit DiskImage
I sure hope the mods don't spank me for this. LOL

Jim

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Jim, although direct downloads are frowned upon, in this case, the paddle is in reserve, the download was tested as safe by me.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Mike1030

I meant that 1.7 GB , 32 bit Rescue CD/DVD from the Marcrium program Windows PE (WAIK kit) work for XP........hope its clear now........not the one you uploaded that is 64 bit & for W7?

Posted 1 year ago

Mike1030

Thanks Jim I appreciate your assistance saving me from downloading 1.7 GB vs 154 MB.

Regards!

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Thank you Mike.

@Mike1030 - I sure hope this one works for you but I must tell you I created it on Win7, not XP.

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

The Rescue CD is Independent of what ever operating system W7 or XP. Neither of those is running at the time. The disk is it's own operating system. It is completely independent of Windows. Not to worry.

Posted 1 year ago

Mike1030

Edit: sorry 145 MB.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Xhi, I agree. Would also like to add (for Mike1030), this is an image that must be burned to a CD then you BOOT to it by restarting your PC with the CD in the optical drive, but of course you already know that. Right?

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Thanks Hermitt for helping out. Looks like everybody is happy now.

Posted 1 year ago

Mike1030

Thanks again Jim it works. Seems like whether 32 or 64 bit is made for W7 ( I could be totally wrong) because the start-up of the Rescue CD is like W7?

Any how it was displaying a message that couldn't load mass storage drivers.....locate or cancel...... that's the SD/MMC & Memory stick drives.....it does restore an XP back up.

I have a Acronis Boot ISO whose size is 30.9 MB. which creates & restores back ups with out even installing the software, more suited for XP & tried & tested.

Macrium is more for W7......just my thoughts.

Regards!

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Mike, with the Macrium WinPE CD you can also make images. I have made a lot of XP images with Macrium - no problem.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!