How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

WinFlip Mouse

(3 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by minigeek
  • Latest reply from minigeek
  • Topic Viewed 1907 times

minigeek

Hi Everyone!
I just wrote a quick Autohotkey script and thought I would share it with you. It opens WinFlip (Pictured Below) when you press the scroll wheel button. You can then scroll to select you window and press it again to go to that window and close WinFlip.

The code to do so:

flipopen := false
MButton::
if (flipopen) {
Send, {Enter}
flipopen := false
}
else
{
Run, C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe dwmapi.dll #105
flipopen := true
}
return

If you don't know what to do with the code, read here.

A note to the Mods: If I am not allowed to do the quote thing, or you class this as spam, then please feel free to modify this or remove it. I just thought it was useful!

You may use this script freely and modify it as much as you want.

This worked on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It may work with Vista, but not with XP! It requires Aero, so it won't work with Win 7 Starter. If you can, please test it and report back! I'm only 13, and VB.NET is my main language - not Autohotkey.

MiniGeek

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Looks interesting. It's the same effect you get from Windows Key + TAB, eh?

Posted 2 years ago

minigeek

Yeah. Just thought it was useful for the mouse people out there! Personally, I mainly use keyboard shortcuts, but I am often navigating between windows with my mouse. Windows get lost with 2 taskbars and 2.5 million pixels! A quick visual representation and scroll with the mouse actually really works! Sadly, it's not for everyone - My Dad doesn't really like it. I suppose he isn't really used to having 8gb RAM - he only has 4 on xp. The other day I had 32 tabs open - NIGHTMARE!

MiniGeek

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.