The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Windows XP will not load .....

(8 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by fadils
  • Latest reply from Brazilianboiii
  • Topic Viewed 3861 times

fadils

Windows XP for some reason won't load. I tried with new hard drive but it did not help.When I turn comp. on I got screen with letter e(e-mashine) and in the right lower corner two option(F10 F2) for safe mode but, it does not do anything if I press F10 nor F2.
Please help me!

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Are you using a USB wired/wireless keyboard ?

Posted 5 years ago

fadils

No

Posted 5 years ago

fadils

I use USB keyboard, usb mouse :)

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Try using a PS2 keyboard.

Posted 5 years ago

Narendrank

tried loading the defaults in the BIOS and see

Posted 5 years ago

Fernguy

1. Insert your Windows XP CD into your CD/DVD drive, and then restart your computer.

2. When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.
If your current Windows XP installation is on a hard drive that is connected with a SATA, SCSI or RAID controller, you should have the controller's floppy installation files ready, and press F6 when the screen tells you to.

3. You will see 3 options at the "Welcome to Setup" screen:

1. To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

2. To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

3. To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

4. Do not use "R=Repair", but instead, press "ENTER=Continue", just as if you were going to install Windows XP for the first time.

5. On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, choose "F8=I agree" to agree to the license agreement.

6. You will then be presented with the Windows XP Setup Screen. Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is highlighted in the box, and then press the "R" key to repair your selected Windows XP installation.
If the repair option is not available, you may still be able to use the Recovery Console in order to get you back up and running.
7. Windows XP will copy the necessary files to your Hard Drive to begin the installation and will then reboot. You will see the message that informs you to "Press any key to boot the CD". Do not press any keys this time; you want to boot from your hard drive this time around. Just wait a few seconds and the Windows Startup Screen will be displayed. Following this you will be greeted by the Windows XP Setup Screens.
8. When Setup has completed you should find all of your previously installed apps and settings are intact, however, any Windows Updates that you may have installed previously should be reinstalled, as this Repair procedure will reset all operating system file versions to the ones on the Windows XP CD.
This will only repair your OS it will not delete any file or software installations.

Posted 5 years ago

Brazilianboiii

I wonder if this fellow got his Windows Vista working.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.