The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Windows will Restart every 2 Hours

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by gowthamgutha
  • Latest reply from owen123
  • Topic Viewed 3894 times

gowthamgutha

Just now, i've got a notification that my Windows 8 Release Preview will expire soon and that i need to update to the latest version of the windows, else for every 2 hours my PC will be restarted. How could i solve the problem without upgrading to the latest version?

Posted 1 year ago

oldgeezer

If you don't want to pay for it then you need to install a free OS like Linux, simple as that.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

You would need to purchase a win 8 license.

The final date is January 15, 2013 for using RP.

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

Or install Windows 7 using the product key attached to your computer.

Posted 1 year ago

Antisis

I'm having the same problem. but iv found on my laptop it was originally win 7 , but didn't make a system restore cd as i wasn't sure how to.

If its a evaluation/preview copy.... would there still remains of the last windows that was installed still be on the laptop??

I really don't want to be stuck with win 8, as i really don't like it, its just terrible!

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

So, you did win 8 and you did not back up your previous OS?

You really have to understand what you are doing before you mess with your system

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

@Antisis: please make a new topic for your question as solutions can then be tailored specifically for you.

Posted 1 year ago

MrDuck

In theory, your old Windows installation should be in C:/Windows.old. Check there; you may be able to make a recovery disc from that.

Posted 1 year ago

owen123

Windows 7 Isos

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.