The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

windows media player help!

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by freakyfrog
  • Latest reply from DLZ
  • Topic Viewed 903 times

freakyfrog

I converted a divx movie into a quicktime and then to windows media movie so I could put ii in my mp3 player. The problem is, when I export the quicktime movie to windows media player and play it, the sound plays for about 10 seconds and then stops with the video continuing until the end. Anyone know what the problem is?
thanx

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Do you know what filetype your sondtrack is? WMP is very restricted when it comes to sound. It plays only those 7 MS proprietory formats: asf, .asx, .wm, .wma, .wax, .wmv, and .wvx. And those are "hard coded" so Codecs won't help if you don't fit. Quicktime supports many more formats.

Posted 6 years ago

DLZ

i Had a Problem With Video's on WMP so i got a Codec Pack and it worked after that try it ill Give you Direction to Use it if you dont know how

http://www.filehippo.com/

So when your at the page Look at the Section called " audio and Video ". after you Find it Click on "K-Lite Codec Pack 3.65 ( full ) " ( it will say New infront of it )

Once you have done that there Will be a Bar of K-Lite downloads, and at the Top it will say " Download Latest Version " Click on that
and then it Will Ask you if you want to " save " or " run " the download Click on save and save it to your Desktop . after it Downloads Then Install it . and after your Done with that You can Get rid of the download on your desktop then all you have to do is see if the Video works Or not :)

Tell me if this worked Please

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.