How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows Mail Privacy Problem

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by CJ2
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 620 times

CJ2

Hello,
i thought i'd give Windows Mail a go instead of thunderbird and now i am faced with a big problem. I cannot find a way to make Windows Mail always open to Inbox. I'll give you an example of why i need this . I have my own personal folders for shopping and other personal data, if i am in that folder and i quit out of Windows Mail when Windows Mail is next launched it goes back to that folder and not to Inbox like Outlook Express did, i find this invasive and unacceptable. How do i stop it and make it always go to inbox like my beloved Outlook Express did. How i miss that !!
Thank you.

Posted 4 years ago

SarahJames

Hi CJ2,

Welcome to HTG :)

Funny, I've been looking all over, but I can't find where you can set that up anymore. But my Windows Mail opens with my Inbox.
Might it be Windows Live Mail you're talking about? Because I've noticed that one does reopen the folder you last viewed. (And like you, I don't like that either.)

Cheers,
Sarah.

Posted 4 years ago

CJ2

Hi Sarah,
and thank you for the welcome. hello to you to. ; )
It is strange how there is no option to have Windows Live Mail ( which is what i was using) open always to Inbox , i assume they think we all use seperate accounts etc, but we dont. And anyway i like it to open to Inbox. So for now i have gone back to Thunderbird version 2 , as thier latest version 3 RC1 also has lost the option to go to Inbox to !! eek.

Posted 4 years ago

SarahJames

And here I was thinking only Microsoft assumes they know what is best for us ... (and boy, are they wrong half the time). <LOL>

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.