SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows Mail has reappeared in Windows 7!

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Mulberry33
  • Latest reply from InterPC
  • Topic Viewed 618 times

Mulberry33

Installed a brand new out-of-the box Windows 7 Home Premium computer (Acer) for a friend (25th January 2010). Went through the initial installation while showing off my computer knowledge and explaining that no nice, simple Outlook Express or similar was included in Windows 7.

Opened the 'All Programs' menu and felt such a fool to see the Windows Mail shortcut listed.
Yes. It was there and works just the same as in Vista.

Been seeking an explanation but I seem to be the first one in the world to notice its reappearance. Surely Acer are not doing a Windows Mail folder job on their Windows 7 installations.

No. It wasn't 'Live Mail'!

Posted 4 years ago

gordy
gordy

It may be Acer, because a retail disc installation of 7 Home Premium did not result in a Windows Mail program. I have been fighting off the "Live Essentials" update that tries to install (w/mail). If you don't want it, how about removing it in "programs"?

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC
InterPC

Some OEM's throw in a few extra programs either made by them or they have had an agreement with a software provider to provide programs with newly purchased PC's. But this seems very interesting.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!