How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows Live Photo Gallery POPUP

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Janie
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 4691 times

Janie
Janie

Just recently EVERY time I click on Edit in Windows Live Photo Gallery, a popup is coming up saying....

Would you like to use Windows Photo Gallery to open these kind of files?
JXR
Don't show me this again for these file types - Yes or No.

I've clicked on Yes and I've clicked on No, and nothing stops it. What is JXR? The popup comes up every single time I go to Edit a photo. I have my photos set to open in Windows Live Photo Gallery because I use it a lot to edit them. This has just all of a sudden started this! I wonder what has caused it? Anyone have any ideas? (Adding the Adblock Plus recently wouldn't be causing this, would it?) I've never had any problems with Windows Live Photo Gallery before. It still works OK when I click that popup off, but it's bugging the devil out of me. :(

ALSO...a file has appeared out of no where into my Pictures Library folder. It's called .swt Anyone know what that stands for???

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Google led me to...

"SWT file is a Shockwave Flash template created by Adobe Flash, a multimedia authoring program. It often used as a starting point for creating a Flash animation and also be be used for buttons or other items that can be imported into an existing Flash animation."

Seems to be a good answer here

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Janie, JRX is a image stored in the JPEG XR format, which was originally developed by Microsoft for Windows Media software; supports deep color images with 48-bit RGB; used for high-resolution professional image editing.

Posted 1 year ago

Janie
Janie

Thanks for explaining what they are, but I wonder how to make that popup quit popping up every time I click on Edit on a pic I've taken. I have never ever seen that particular popup before several days ago. It still pops up even when I click yes or no to show it to me again.

I wonder why that .swt file just all of a sudden appeared in my Picture folder? Should I just leave it there? It's the first folder in there showing, kinda annoying to me.

I'm sorry. I just don't know what to do with these new thingies! LOL

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

If it were I, Xhi's rule #1 would apply. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

However, if it really bothers you I would do what one usually should do if in doubt which is rename it so you could put it back if disaster happens. After you have gotten along well without it then delete it.

My hunch is that if you do either, rename or delete, and your photo program needs it, it will recreate it. After being annoyed by such things in the early part of my 50 years as a Software Engineer I have learned not to be annoyed and that the software always wins in the end.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!