The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Windows Fax program

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Noel8
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 768 times

Noel8

I finally got to use this pesty program and got to send my first fax...but confused on how it all plays out. First, I only sent 1 page + cover and all I get in the Fax monitor showing that it sent just the one page...nothing said about the cover..so I do not know if its automatically sent with the one page. Also, thinking that I was through sending fax, a few minutes later the monitor appears again sending that same page again... does anyone know why? BTW, I am using this on my home landline phone...so I would have to disconnect the phone line from the pc or junction box in order for me to answer my phone when it rings. Hate the idea that I have to unplug/plug the phone line...is there a better way? Finally, i suspect that the reason the program started to send another of the same fax, somewhere I had recall that I entered how many times to send a fax in the event the line is busy, but forgot where i did that. Maybe that is where i can stop it for repeating.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

First you need a simple line splitter.

I'll post a picture.

Are you using a Fax Card or Scan/Printer ??

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Typically the place where you plug in the telephone line to the computer has two ports one for the line to the wall and one to an attached telephone.

Also you can use a splitter to the wall and have the fax on one and phone on the other.

Posted 1 year ago

Noel8

Thanks about the splitter..forgot all about those...LOL...But won't one interfere with the other? In other words...if I receive a regular phone call, would that automatically stifle the fax end, and vica versa? I may have to pick up the phone on the first ring, which is hard to do in my home, so as not to give the receipent who wants to talk to me, the fax recognition ? BTW, i am using the fax modem in my desktop computer...remember those? LOL

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Check in the settings for setting the number of rings ((I remember those days :)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!