The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Windows could not finish configuring the System.To attempt, restart

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Harshad
  • Latest reply from Harshad
  • Topic Viewed 1600 times

Harshad

I'm Trying to Install Win 7 one of my partitions, and during the Sysprep process, when we are asked to create the User accounts, I get a message as-Updating registry entries and after it displays a message box as-" attempt to resume configuration restart the computer.
Restarting does not solve this.I've also done many things as having a look at the cbs log and the logs in the Panther Folder of windows.
Nothing seems to solve this problem.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Have you booted into a command mode and run a chkdsk on the drive?

Posted 2 years ago

Harshad

@ Xhi : , Yes, I've done it, I have a Win XP installation on another hard drive, from which had performed a diskcheck.

Posted 2 years ago

Harshad

Please somebody help!!!

Posted 2 years ago

Straspey

I've never experienced this issue myself, however I ran a Google search and it seems as though many other people have had this problem - going back as far as 2009.

From what I was able to gather by reading a few threads on some forums - some people suspect the problem may be caused by the user's anti-virus and/or anti-malware programs.

You might want to try disabling all your protection softwares and then try running the installation again.

Of course, you will want to make sure that your internet connection is OFF during the period when you have no protection.

Give it a try - hopefully this may help.

Posted 2 years ago

Harshad

@ Straspey ,
I'm trying to install Win 7 the normal way,, means while the system boots, so there is no AntiVirus Software installed on the drive i'm installing Windows...

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.