SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file. You may not have the ap

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by 01Vlatce
  • Latest reply from jim
  • Topic Viewed 29131 times

01Vlatce

"Windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"
This is the error message who i recive when i like to change some .exe file etc. recompile a .exe with Dev-C++, update a program...
Somewhere on the web i was readed than i need to uninstall the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security component, but i don't know how.
I have Windows 7 build 7048. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem pls?

Posted 5 years ago

Rott22

what if you right click the file and change the ownership???
right click, properties, security tab, click advanced, go to permissions Add write your username and hit enter, It sometimes does the trick for me eventhough in the security tab I see I have full control over the file. Or use the takeownership.reg, dont know if it works on 7 though. so yoy can try or do it the way I described. Hope it helps

Posted 5 years ago

jim

Above advice sounds right.I've found a dual admin deal in some cases though.Even if you are logged in as admin you can right click and Run As Admin.I've also used a little utility called Unlocker Assistant that works well.Only a 150kb in your memory.Simple ,but handy.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.