The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

windows audio service is disabled at startup

(25 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Heather
  • Latest reply from Heather
  • Topic Viewed 2144 times

Heather

There is one more problem I have on windows 7 ( I have service pack 1 installed )
Every time I start my pc, my windows audio device is unabled, which is easy to fix, and all the internet sites tell you how to fix it, but that does not fix my problem which is…..I want it to be enabled at startup, but whatever I try, ..admin tools services..dependencies…etc..etc…it STILL will not start up ! I always have to click on it and get it ‘nudged’ before it begins to work…just irritating, as it DOES work, just not on it’s own.
I have set the settings in startup to ‘automatic’ as well, but nothing seems to help. Is this a glitch in windows 7? This is one of the reasons I installed service pack 1, but that did not even help. Maybe the problem is that something disables it on shutdown?
Just to recap... in dependencies in services, Plug and play (automatic) Multimedia class sheduler (automatic) Audio End point builder (automatic). These settings have been checked and re-checked time and time again, but to no avail!

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to give 

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Heather, is "windows audio" set to automatic in services. If so, go to "msconfig" and in the services tab see if the windows audio box is checked.

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

I see windows audio end point builder which is ticked in there, but there is not one that is just called windows audio......

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

Ahh! yes, 'Windows Audio' is there, and it is checked.....everything in the services list is checked

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

I have checked the dependencies too.....

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Are you talking about "services" or "msconfig". If msconfig, in the services tab see if the box "hide all microsoft services is unchecked.

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

Everything in the msconfig services is checked

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Is all the dependences in "services" also "started" and did you check Remote Procedure Call (RPC). Should be automatic and started.

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

Yes RPC is started and automatic
This is a mystery, I have tried everything, it's not a SERIOUS problem, as I can get the device to work once I have started up, but it becomes disabled when I shut down, so I have to click on windows audio icon and get the trouble shooter to so its thing to make it work again.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Try this go to command prompt "run as administrator" and type in sfc/scannow

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

It says 'no items match your search'

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

am i doing it right? command prompt is the place you type in stuff at the start menu?

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

You have to use "command prompt" as administrator not search. Type in sfc/scannow and press enter.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Goto start, all programs, accessories, right mouse click Command Prompt (run as administrator)

You should get this window, type 'sfc /scannow' as illustrated. Press enter

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

ok thanks, will try that now.....

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

ok, it says its scanning now..and that the process will take some time.. you are being very helpful and patient thank you!

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

must I take a pic of it when it is finished and post it so u can see?

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

No, it will possibly fix your problem.

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

ok thanks, I will wait for it to do its thing, and I will restart my pc and hope for the best then :)

Posted 1 year ago

Heather

Just to ask another question... does this scan fix all sorts of problems ie: is it advisable to do this scan once a week or only when there are problems?

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!