The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 98 compatability problems

(12 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Juzzy16
  • Latest reply from germ-x
  • Topic Viewed 1899 times

Juzzy16

hi all. i have this game called theme hospital. it was oringinally made for windows98. on my laptop i have windows 7 64x. wen i run the game in compatability mode for win98 the game lags. ie; the mouse is really jerky as is the video. however, wen i play the game in compatability mode for win2000, there is no lag but the game freezes. i tried this on win xp and the game works perfect wen in compatabilty mode for win98.

is there anyway to stop the lag wen playin it on win7 in win98 compatability mode?

thanks for the help

p.s. i have updated my graphics card driver as well...do i need to change any settings there to stop the lag?

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x

hi Juzzy16, have you tried to change th ecompatibility mode to WinXP?

g-x

Posted 4 years ago

Juzzy16

hi. thanks for the help. i have tried all compatability modes and with win2000 and higher the game keeps freezing. and with win98 and win95 the mouse lags wayyy to much...to the point that its impossible to play. however i noticed today that while in compatability mode in win98, in the game wen a msg pops up (part of the game) the mouse runs smoother in that...but wen ur in main game play it lags...

Posted 4 years ago

Juzzy16

anyone have any ideas?

Posted 4 years ago

Aguro

I can only think of emulators
tried dosbox?
http://www.google.co.in/search?q=dosbox

Posted 4 years ago

Juzzy16

i treid dosbox but my keyboard for some stupid reason wnt put in symbols like : or \ so i cnt enter directories...any other ideas?

Posted 4 years ago

Aguro

http://digiex.net/downloads/do.....pport.html

and you did what microsoft suggested

Posted 4 years ago

Juzzy16

yep tried all that but have same problems. in compatability mode with win2000 or highr the game freezes and with compatability mode with win98 and lower the mouse lags way to much so u cn bearly play the game

Posted 4 years ago

Aguro

There are some other emulators aswell
dosbox
http://www.dosemu.org/
Freedos
these are all the dos emus i know

Posted 4 years ago

Juzzy16

hi...i treid em to but one is for linux only and the other reformats ur hdd....any other ideas?

Posted 4 years ago

Juzzy16

anyone have any more ideas?? really stuck...and i really wanna play the game..

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x

hi Juzzy16, this might sound really stupid but if you are "REALLY" hung up on playing that game make a small partition on your hdd just large enough for win98 or winXP and your game. Maybe in the meantime someone will have another emulator that will work with your system. I have a couple of older apps as I am sure most do that just won't run on win7.

g-x

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.