How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

(Solved) - Windows 8 VHD

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by hArLtRoN
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 2812 times

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

I'm going to use this article to install Windows 8 on a VHD on my Windows 7 x64 computer. My question is, if I don't like Windows 8, how do I uninstall it and still be able to boot into Windows 7? In the article it says it rights a new MBR.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Here is The Geek How to Uninstall or Remove Windows 8 From Your Dual-Boot Setup.

http://www.howtogeek.com/75878.....oot-setup/

Rick P.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

Thanks for the link. I found it shortly after I posted!

Posted 1 year ago

GigiAUT87

Is there a separate way to install this for HP laptops? I have a Pavillion g6 and I followed all the instructions closely. I got the dual-boot screen with options for windows 8 and 7, but the option to boot Win7 always booted me into HP's recovery centre. I tried editing the boot options with EasyBCD but something was wrong. I ended up losing the Windows 8 dual-boot screen and my Win7 kept telling me about corrupt boot files or something.

It's working again, managed to repair it with the Win7 RC1 dvd I burned. The HP recovery centre wanted to wipe everything out so I had to find an alternative.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

GigiAUT87, please open a new topic for your problem, not hijack an old one. Thanks

As this one is solved it is closed also.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!