(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by ispalten
  • Latest reply from gedstar
  • Topic Viewed 604 times

ispalten
ispalten

Check it out,

http://www.giveawayoftheday.co.....the+Day%29

I like it (so far) but also check DotTech's review, however I don't see the 'lag' so far, and the freebie is the PRO version.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

I would like to add the Pro version that is free today needs to be installed and activated today! I unzipped the file and noticed this in the readme file. Arghhhh. Guess I won't be taking them up on this offer. I have waited this long to get used to Win8, why rush now? My solution was to make a folder on my root drive called "toolbar". Then I placed a bunch of shortcuts to programs, folder locations and control panel in there and placed a shortcut to this folder on my desktop. I then created a new toolbar on the Win8 toolbar-menu pointing to the desktop shortcut and voila, a makeshift start-like toolbar on the desktop side...it even cascades if you make subfolders in the created "toolbar" folder. The only tricky part was making the toolbar shortcut appear on the left bottom of the screen as is usual.....

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

It does a lot more... I suggest you either install it (can EASILY be uninstalled if you don't like it) or try the free one first.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

If I had time to do a complete backup beforehand I might have done that. It's not worth the risk since I have to install it today.

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

Using Classic Shell, but actually getting use to Windows 8 Start Screen. So will stick with that.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!