How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Windows 8 RP Install

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by hArLtRoN
  • Latest reply from hArLtRoN
  • Topic Viewed 1253 times

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

I downloaded the .iso for the Windows 8 RP, put it on a bootable flashdrive with Rufus (thanks to Rick P.) and I am posting from the new Windows 8 RP!!

I only have one 500GB HHD so I loaded up Parted Magic, re-partitioned my hard drive so I have three partitions (Windows 7, Windows 8, and System Reserved) and Windows 8 installed perfect! Both operating systems still boot up fine!

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

I wanted to see if Microsoft really took out the ability to make your own Start Button and I don't think they did.

I was able to use the process described in the link below and I now have a functioning Start Button. The only thing wrong is I can't get the icon to change.

http://www.howtogeek.com/10883.....ory-usage/

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

BUMP

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

I try to use systems as designed, so I would have no idea whether or not this works. I do that so I can more easily help those who have problems with the systems as designed and my responses are not confused by my own system oddities.

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

That makes sense. It kinda worked on my system. Gonna take it off because it was being a little buggy!

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Shawn,

Check if this works ????

http://www.howtogeek.com/11116.....windows-8/

I would like to know from the folks running HDDs before I try it on an SSD installation.

Thanks,

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

@Rick,
Thanks for link, I will definitly try it tomorrow night and post back my results. Gonna be moving all day. Hopefully someone doesn't beat me to it :)

Shawn C.

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

@Rick,
I will have to try your link next week when I get back to my computer that has Windows 8 installed. The one I wanted to try it out on wouldn't install Windows 8, too old

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!