The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

(Solved) - Windows 8 Pro installation Error 0x8007025D

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Warren100
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 11515 times

Warren100

Why does this error keep occurring? I've used the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant and it came back with compatibility issues: 1) My system wouldn't be able to use Secure Boot and a screen resolution issue that won't allow for screen tile snap in or something like that. Will this not allow for a successful installation?

Also used a registry cleaner, done clean boots but keep getting the same result.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Warren100 hi. Please do not use registry cleaners. They cause more harm than good.

Posted 1 year ago

Warren100

Okay Lighthouse I'll be sure to discontinue using it.

Posted 1 year ago

Warren100

Keep getting this message,"Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D." Does anybody have answer to this?

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Registry cleaners are a no-no on any windows system, especially windows 8! (none have been tested to date on win 8)

Some info on this error;

http://answers.microsoft.com/e.....c56144f3ef

Upgrades can be disasterous BTW

Posted 1 year ago

Warren100

I've stopped and started services and startup task, disabled anti virus, downloaded and ran Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7. However, the installation fails at 60%.

Posted 1 year ago

Warren100

After disabling non microsoft services and startup task via msconfig, I also disabled the network adapter. Results improved some this time installation maxed out at 70% then failed.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Try this first.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Posted 1 year ago

Warren100

Update readiness Tool didn't resolve the error code I'm getting.

Posted 1 year ago

Warren100

Problem resolved: Formatted OS partition, re-installed operating system, ran compatibility test, downloaded windows 8 setup file from purchase email.
Double clicked the windows_8_ setup.exe file, verified product key and the rest is history, the setup and installation completed successfully without a hitch.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Warren100, thank you for posting your resolve and the way you did it.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!