The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

(Solved) - Windows 8 NOT Installing on Second Partition

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by emart2012
  • Latest reply from emart2012
  • Topic Viewed 604 times

emart2012

I am trying to dual boot Windows 7 & 8. I follow all the online instruction to shrink and create an available partition for Windows 8. I get all the way to where I pick the partition for Windows 8 and it it tells me that it cannot create the partition or partition not found. So one of the other choices is format and I click format and it seems to do it's job and I try again and nothing. I don't see why it would not work. I've followed all the steps exactly.

I have a Samsung laptop with I believe a 16gb SSD together with a 1tb drive. I have Windows 7 Home Premium. I am loading Windows 8 Pro from a bootable USB flash drive.

What could it be????

This is the area that I cannot get passed. This is not my actual printscreen, but I just posted it for reference.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

The 64-bit Windows requires a minimum of 20GB you have only 19.9 GB free. You are really operating on the edge of reality.

Posted 1 year ago

emart2012

That's not my actual printscreen from my system. It's an example image. I really am actually allocating 50gb on my laptop for windows 8.

Thanks

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Just a guess but is there any way to Disable Using Hybrid Drive Option in Bios or existing Windows 7 ??

Windows 8 sometimes does not play well together with Hybrid Drives from researching your question.

Posted 1 year ago

emart2012

Good point. I will try that today. I had suspected that too, but had not thought of disabling ssd drive. Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Original Reference Source:

How to Dual-Boot Windows 7 and Windows 8 On the Same PC
http://www.howtogeek.com/74335.....windows-8/

Posted 1 year ago

emart2012

I have followed those instructions to the mark and when I get to choose the partition to put windows 8 it does not let me. That is my dead end. Since then I have given up on the dual boot and I am running Windows 8 solely on my laptop. I've upgraded all the drivers through Samsung update software and I love Windows 8. I do not miss having a dual boot system. If I end up not liking 8 for any reason in the future I will restore from backup partition to Windows 7.

Thanks

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!