How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

(Solved) - Windows 8: My opinion.

(12 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Sirmentio
  • Latest reply from Sirmentio
  • Topic Viewed 864 times

Sirmentio
Sirmentio

First off, I would like to say, Hey Maybe people Like windows 8 to be like this, This flimsy......Wierd......Practically annoying to use Piece of garbage. But hey, heres my opinion.

Ok, To be honest, microsoft Has decided to go on the "User friendly" Side with it's New "Look". The fact that windows 8 looks like something that even a child could play with is "All right". Heres the thing though, without a tablet synchronisation (Touch screen capabilities) I say it's pretty challenging. Ok heres the first thing, at first glance you start with the "Lock" Screen, All you have to do is just do a simple click. Which is pretty simple. when I mean simple I mean It's as easy as just Tapping the screen when touch capabilities are on! Come on microsoft! make it atleast a bit harder to unlock in case of profile intruders! And when thats done you end up With the Metro UI, Now yeah it's called metro ui But microsoft didn't want people to think it was the "UI for Newbies" So they decided to rename it "Modern UI" Which is Kinda weird because it looks like The old AOL Website

*Cough Cough* obvious resemblance to AOL *Cough Cough*
But seriously, enough with the Metro UI, Lets get down with the very Awkward Details of Windows 8. Windows 8 Is Basically Making windows into a simple look, So, your wondering "WHERE IS THE DESKTOP!?!?!?" Well It's not hard to find when you look literally on the corners, which basically shows More options. which one will contain the desktop button...
Now, Now to get to the apps. I bet your just wanting to get your hands on windows8 For the apps, But heres the thing, they all, I am including the ones bundled with windows 8 and not the 3rd party stuff, Will require a Microsoft account. Which seems pretty insane but is still required. I am Pretty Uncomfortable with the new metro UI But I Guess we can deal with it, most likely it will stay in windows 9, maybe even 10. But i guess the future of UI's will be withing the "Modern UI" I mean, it's not that bad, but it is pretty basic, Even the BSOD turned into a basic picture of a ":("
But i Digress. This is my opinion of windows 8 :) hope you enjoyed this wall of text. XD

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Sirmentio hi. So what core does 8 work on ?

Posted 1 year ago

Sirmentio
Sirmentio

Not sure, Lemme look that up.....

Posted 1 year ago

Sirmentio
Sirmentio

Not sure..

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Right...

I'm sticking to win 7, will be bypassing 8 (after time wasting testing). My clients are just not interested as a desktop environment.

and I await Win 9, the next version of windows 7

Take 8 out of the equation.........

Don't complain about what you might not use

Posted 1 year ago

Sirmentio
Sirmentio

Vistamike, I understand you as a moderator being the commander of the forums, I will respect your decisions, but I tried windows 8 previews and i Did not Like them, I am not complaining, It is my opinion. So I am not complaining, I am just Telling my opinion so other forumers will then be shown what I atleast think :) Thank you for the time :). I am new to this forum So Please excuse the way I act at this moment.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Sirmentio, I am not the commander of this forum.

My comments are merely as a user/member and it would be unfair of me to present in another way.

My statement was purely from experience because I disliked the 'experience' of windows 8 and so did my customers.

Your opinion will be observed, no doubt.

It is the market that will decide at the end of the day my friend.

Posted 1 year ago

Sirmentio
Sirmentio

I understand then :)

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Personally, I will be first in line (actually already ordered) as I have been since Windows 1.0 to receive two upgrade copies and one each full version for my library. Based on past history I will need them at some time during the life of the system. I have been "first on my block" for years and I don't intend to stop now.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

This debate will probably go on for the next couple of years. I have been using Win8 since day1 and I am still not convinced (but maybe that changes over time).

I have no problem with the Metro UI except that it is a little awkward to streamline it to my own needs. And that continues in the overall feel of the system. Things just seem to be more difficult to do than in Windows 7 - at least on the desktop. In addition I see little additional function that would incent me to jump on Windows 8.

My current conclusion is that I will stay with what I have and study carefully your experience reports - maybe I learn something new. In the meantime I continue to tinker with the freebee until Jan. 2013 trying to find the gold.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Sirmentio
Sirmentio

@Above
Lol.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.