How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Windows 8 / Live Mail 2012 into tray ?

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by KARADENIZ
  • Latest reply from Fhirkin9
  • Topic Viewed 1279 times

KARADENIZ

Hi

I have installed Windows Live Mail Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3505.0912) I would like to send it into the tray if I close live mail, that worked under Windows 7 but does not work unter Windows 8

does anyone know the solution?

this solution tray under win 7 does not work becaue if I choose Vista with right click live mail 2012 does not start

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

I do not know how to put it in the tray, but if you don't mind losing some monitor/screen real estate you can do this. From Metro screen click the Live Mail Windows 8 App (install it if you don't have it already), it should start maximized. Place mouse cursor to top of screen and when the pointer becomes a "hand" left-click and drag it to the right side of the screen, leaving about a 2-4 inch area for the mail app (the rest of the screen will be blank except for your chosen background color...don't worry), return to Metro screen in the usual way and then tap the Windows keyboard button or click the Desktop app. This should open the "regular" desktop but also have the live mail app on the portion of the screen where you dragged it. This also works with Live Messenger, or whatever the MS messenger is called these days.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!