How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Windows 8 - Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Update

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by raphoenix
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 25170 times

raphoenix
raphoenix

For those that find a compatiblity issue in Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, here is the FIX.

Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver

Version:

Date:
10/27/2012

Download Link:
http://downloadcenter.intel.co.....ldID=21129

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

Hmm, Update Advisor said it wasn't supported, no link for it?

You link is for W7, not W8? Computer properties however says that the host controller is working OK?

I've hit a different problem with Windows Update. The C216 SATA controller update FAILS to install. Released 10/28/2012, but I got the Dell file from 2/2012 and it is working fine? One reason could be the Dell one is newer, but not by version number? Odd? I've hidden that update as the disks are OK.

One annoying W8 problem I have and can't seem to find an answer to or fix is the Live Tiles. The Weather for instance will show the weather on the Start screen, but when clicked, NADA... all I see is a blue screen with a white sun on the upper left and circling dots on top center. IT DID WORK before, default location was London and I changed it to my city. Then deleted London... Other tiles do the same thing as well? I did change the UAC settings, and I've seen comments on the web that that could effect this and set it back to the second from the top. Did that, re-booted, no difference... ANNOYING...

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

iata_cd.exe (C216 Sata Controller) Should install for you as it is a Standard Intel Update.

The Intel Windows 7 USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver fixes most Standard Intel systems to run Windows 8.

I don't know because yours is an OEM Proprietary System.

Wish I could help.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!