SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

(Solved) - Windows 8 - Display AMD driver has stopped responding and has recovered

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by ariesgirl3444
  • Latest reply from gedstar
  • Topic Viewed 5722 times

ariesgirl3444

We have bought a HP Touch Screen PC with Windows 8. It is only 3 weeks old and the picture keeps Pixellating and we get the above message, but it hasn't recovered, as we continue to get pixellation and a couple of times a black screen and shutdown. I have bought the How To Geek Windows 8 guide, but there isn't anything that refers to this at all. I guess what I would like to know is, rather than having to send it back under warranty, is it a serious problem and if not, is there anything that we can do here at home to fix this problem. Thanks so much for any assistance that you can give, it am so disappointed right now.

Posted 1 year ago

Santo

@ariesgirl3444
Welcome to HTG.

The issue that you had described is with the AMD Display driver. This issue can be resolved either by reinstalling the driver or updating it from HP site.
If you could provide the exact model/product number of your new HP PC, we will be able to check for driver update.

Posted 1 year ago

ariesgirl3444

Thanks so much,
It's a HP Envy 23-d006a
Product No. H4G88AA # ABG
Sold in Australia

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar

Driver found here, assuming it's 64bit OS

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizs.....#38;mode=3

Posted 1 year ago

ariesgirl3444

Yes it is a 64 bit os. I have downloaded the driver now and hope that it fixes the problem. I has been a intermittent problems, so can't tell right away if it has fixed the problem. Thanks so much for your help. Just wondering why this would be needed when the computer is only three weeks old?

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar

Could be just a corrupt driver. It happens, specially with Manufactured PC's
Normally I would install the drivers Direct from the Graphics Card Manufactures website rather than HP, that way you have the latest driver.

There's an Automatically Detect and Install feature you can use from below
http://support.amd.com/us/gpud.....index.aspx

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

ariesgirl3444

Thanks so much for your help, it is SO appreciated. I live in a remote area where Computer technicians are few and far between, so this has been a great help. I have saved the links in case I have a need for them again. Cheers.

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9

@gedstar: Your AMD link does not list Win8 on the pull-down menus. Should I select Win7 if I should be so bold?

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar

@Fhirkin9

The AMD link was for Automatically Detect and Install, also on the right hand side of the page there are links for
Latest AMD Catalyst™ Drivers for Radeon™ HD 7000, HD 6000 and HD 5000 Series
Latest AMD Catalyst™ Drivers for Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000 and HD 2000 Series
AMD Mobility Radeon™ Notebook Drivers

All with Windows 8 Drivers!!!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.