How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Windows 8 - $15

(15 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Sarris
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 1419 times

Sarris
Sarris

Wow... They really are going to shove W8 on us in a major way.

Windows 8 - $15

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

Good find

But you still have to pay for add ons like media center which is a bit of a joke, but in saying that i don't really use it, even on my XP Media Center Edition PC

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

A few months before Win7 was shipped, you got the upgrade from Vista for free. They are trying to make a buck with everything.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Corporations Are People Too !! :)

Posted 1 year ago

youknowita
youknowita

i like windows 7

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

This isn't for everyone though. You still have to buy a NEW PC. If W8 remains tied to a Touch Screen and a keyboard and mouse is a secondary input mechanism, that new computer will come with a touch screen. When W7 was in its final stages, PC Makers, via MS, provided W7 for FREE in most cases, just so one would not put off buying a computer until W7 released (and during Vista final stages too). If you take this into account, the price went UP.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Right Irv. They found a new gold mine. A few million times $15 is a handsome sum.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Hey! If it weren't for companies making money and paying Taxes, and hiring people, who pay Social Security, how would i get my check every Month???

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Yeah, this may hurt Builders.

If one Builds a New Machine and Loads it up with their existing Windows 7, how are they going prove they Built a new machine during the the time frame unless MS excepts proof of purchase E-mails from parts houses such as newegg, Tiger, Etc..... ??????

As usual, "bend over and grab your ankles" as here comes MS again.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

Sarris
Sarris

Rick, it's called the BIG BOHICA ................. Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

BOHICA is The Correct Military Term. (LOL) (LOL) :) :)

Yeah, my old HTG bohica account password doesn't reset any more. :( :(

@Xhi comment above.

Companies and Rich Folk don't pay NO taxes; thats why we're in the fix we are in.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

Westmoreland

i use XP all the time, seems that i need to change my OP and try some new things. i have fallen far behind.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

@Rick: Well someone is paying me and it isn't the 50% of folks that pay no taxes at all. Nor the 16% of deadbeats entering their 3rd year on the dole .

Posted 1 year ago

Eddiebug1
Eddiebug1

@Westmoreland: XP is and always will be better than Vista because vista was a straight up piece of garbage windows 7 is what vista should have been

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

DOS 4, Windows ME and Vista are considered by most MS followers to have been "major fumbles" in the evolution of Microsoft operating systems. That's really not a bad batting average considering the total number of products MS has introduced over the years.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!