SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Windows 7 taskbar Stack/group pinned applications under single icon??

(7 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by zerozapper
  • Latest reply from zerozapper
  • Topic Viewed 2132 times

zerozapper

Hello,
I have been trying to find a way to group different pinned applications under a single icon on the windows 7 taskbar, but i can't seem to find a way to do this.

Ex: I want to group my Webdesign tools (FileZilla, Intype, Photoshop, etc )under 1 icon so my task bar is not full of different icons. (much like when more of the same program stack/group under one icon)

Is there a way to do this??

All help is appreciated

,Zero

Posted 2 years ago

oldgeezer

Do you mean this sort of thing? (courtesy of HtG!!)

Organise Windows Taskbar

Posted 2 years ago

zerozapper

Well that might work but that way you whould still have a ton of icons on the taskbar

I was thinking more like this
but then with different applications (EX: text editor, Ftp client, etc under 1 icon like the image above does with 3 internet explorer tabs).

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

zerozapper, I see and understand what you are asking but I don't see how that would work @ the taskbar because you can only add an app.

Have you considered this?: http://www.filehippo.com/download_fences/

as an alternative.

This is a desktop alternative but it has benefits over just dropping folders to the DT

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

And the latest Fences can be completely transparent until you mouse over it. I have also found that you can drag the title bar of a fence to the bottom and then they can be dragged up and down above the top edge of the monitor like window shades.

Posted 2 years ago

whs

Try this - you can have as many programs and other shortcuts as you like under one roof: http://www.sevenforums.com/tut.....vista.html

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

zerozapper

@Mike & Xhi: i do have the free version of fences 1.03, it does do its job but i feel like im still missing something, fences keeps my desktop clean but not my taskbar xD

@Whs: That could actually work! not fully what i was looking for but it beats every alternative i have found so far Thanks!

Thanks for all the help guys!

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.