The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 7 system problem

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by smilette
  • Latest reply from InterPC
  • Topic Viewed 685 times

smilette

i accidently formated the partition of the system requirements. Then when i boot it says "BOOTMRG is missing.. press ctrl+alt+delete to restart" then i search to the net on how will it be fixed so i did the repair thing. the problem is i have a game of the Frozen Throne(warcraft III) and the Starcraft BroodWar. I'm using the laptop. In my desktop it plays and my friends with windows 7 with their laptops also runs. but when i start running it it always restart. how can i solve this? do i need to totaly format my laptop to recover the orignal system requirments of the computer? please suggest the right thing to do. thanks

Posted 4 years ago

smilette

Help me please

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

smilette hi. Unplug everything from the the laptop. Take the battery out. Leave for 30 minutes. Put battery back in, and startup.
What happens ?

Posted 4 years ago

smilette

hi LH. i just formatted it. But still can't play the starcraft and the frozen throne. it always restart when i run it.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

To be honest, I know nothing about game playing. Is your computer up to playing them ?

Posted 4 years ago

p5yk0tik

Sounds *very* much like the Laptop cannot handle the games that are being attempted to load.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

make and model of laptop? did the games run fine on the laptop before the format?

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC
InterPC

As mentioned, your laptop my not have the graphics power to play these games but if you were able to play these games before and you can't now then there must be another problem. Try re-installing/updating your graphics drivers or install them if you haven't already. You should be able to find the drivers from your PC manufacturer's website.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!