The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 7 Startup

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Jmything
  • Latest reply from InterPC
  • Topic Viewed 470 times

Jmything

I purchased a HP Pavillion p6130y Desktop pc with Windows Vista already installed.
I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium a little over a month ago.
Since I upgraded to Windows 7 I noticed that it takes 20 minutes for my pc to start up before I see my 'Welcome' screen. I have read some where that this is what as known as 'The Black Screen of Death'. Because that is what I stare at while I am waiting to log on to my homepage.
I disconnected my pc and took it back to Best Buy where I bought it. Told them what was happening with it.
They immediately connected it to their monitor and turned it on and there it booted up right away. I obviously felt like a fool and they told me that it was probably just a' Fluke' and dismissed it.
I returned back home with it and connected it back up to my monitor booted it up and the problem still existed 20 minutes to boot up.
What is causing this to happen?
What can I do to resolve this problem?

Posted 4 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Hi Jmything, can you try another monitor? I had this a while ago it turned out be the monitor, returned it to shop and they gave me another and is fine. Monitor tested in shop did the same thing on their comp. Never figured out what the cause was.

Mike

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC
InterPC

Check that at your home your PC is well ventilated and clear of dust. Also try using different power points and see if that makes a difference.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.