(16 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Scott
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 605 times

Scott

http://blogs.windows.com/windo.....pdate.aspx

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

Not on Win 7 but, I thought sp1 was already rolling out in auto updates.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

If it's "Your Update and you want it NOW!!!" http://www.microsoft.com/en-us.....px?id=5842

Got mine for me and my friends!

Posted 1 year ago

Scott

* "Starting tomorrow, the installation will be fully automatic with no user action required for those who already have Automatic Update enabled."

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

One download for three possibly more computers saves bandwidth. Also I like to have copies on hand when I reload computers If the disk does not contain SP1. Also good for slipstreaming a disk. Besides, how else can I maintain my superiority of being "the first on my block...".

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

Could've sworn I've seen sp1 come through on win updates before ???

Maybe I went through a time warp. :s

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2565063)

Installation date: ‎9/‎28/‎2012 6:27 PM

@GS, There was this, maybe it is what you saw.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

No I don't remember it saying Microsoft Visual C++

Oh well, probably going mad again :D

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Method 1: Confirm that Windows 7 SP1 is not already installed and that you are not running a prerelease version of Windows 7 SP1

To do this, follow these steps:
Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
Check the Windows edition section:
If Service Pack 1 is listed, Windows 7 SP1 is already installed on your computer.
If a version number (for example, v.153 or v.720) is listed after Service Pack 1, a prerelease version of Windows 7 SP1 is still installed on your computer. You have to uninstall it before Windows Update will offer you the release version of SP1. .

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Hmmm, I find that Service pack 1 was installed on my Windows 7 Feb 23 2011. What's with that??

I should uninstall this and reinstall the new one??? If i try to install it it says already installed.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

@xhi, Installed on mine too. Never paid attention before GS. was probably right he did see it before. Anyway I'll wait till tomorrow and see what updates are there.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Even my daughters laptop has it on it and she never updates anything that is not automatic.

Posted 1 year ago

Scott

http://winsupersite.com/window.....-milestone

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

Remember the Digital River Site we give the OPs links to has had the Win-SP1/U FULL ISO download for a long time.

I thought the Digital River Site was the only MS Authorized Download site.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x

If you read the fine print it states
Starting tomorrow, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) will begin rolling out automatically on Windows Update. Updating customers to Windows 7 SP1 is part of our ongoing effort to ensure continued support and improved security updates "for customers who have not yet installed SP1".
If you have SP1 installed you don't need to reinstall or attempt to reinstall.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

Too bad there will never be a Windows 7 Service Pack 2.

That means Clean Installs of Windows 7 will be measured in days by the end of its' support life cycle !!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.