The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Windows 7 RC1 bluescreens when trying to install Adobe Flash Player

(5 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by GeoffreyvanWyk
  • Latest reply from Beauseph
  • Topic Viewed 965 times

GeoffreyvanWyk

And also when I try to install AVG. What can I do? Thanks.

Posted 4 years ago

GeoffreyvanWyk

Instead of downloading from Adobe's website, it works to download from filehippo.com: adobe flash player from filehippo.com

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

GeoffreyvanWyk. Welcome and thankyou. That is the 2nd time I have seen that. When a FileHippo download works, whilst the official sites download doesn't.

Posted 4 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

I just updated Adobe Flash on my system to the new version. In IE8, they have made it *extremely* annoying. First it downloads and runs a new ActiveX control called "NOS Microsystems getPlus ActiveX Control 1.x" which it also calls "Adobe DLM" for DownLoad Manager, no doubt. Then this wonderful download manager handles the herculean task of downloading one tiny little 2MB file, the flash player itself. This takes all of about 4 seconds. Thanks, Adobe DLM! It might have taken twice as long to download this file without you. Of course, we did spend more than an extra 4 seconds dealing with the download of the DLM itself, so the net gain is negative.

When adding this pointless middle-man software, Adobe acted stupidly. I was so glad to be rid of that annoying, bloated Adobe Reader in favor of Foxit. Now, I am looking forward to the day when everyone replaces Adobe Flash with something less annoying. Maybe HTML5 will be the replacement.

Posted 4 years ago

Beauseph
Beauseph

Nice to have the Dog back!!! I see the dog as a last ray of hope! a light shining in a dark place. A defender of the geek!

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!