The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Windows 7 pro Printer sharing not working

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by mengusprime
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 1334 times

mengusprime

I have two systems in my office both running windows 7 pro. Both are on the same network and both (as far as i know) have all of the homegroup settings set up properly for printer sharing) The printer is a HP laserjet p1006 connect via USB. The printer setup and sharing appears to work fine, but as soon as you try to print more than a test page IE locks up and you have to start task manager to unlock it. The printer WILL print a test page from the other system and print out of paint, but nothing else. Any thoughts? Already attempted to hook the printer up to the other system with the same exact results.

Thanks!

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix

mengusprime,
---
How about correct printer driver ??
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfr.....ng=en&
--
Post Back.
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

mengusprime

Rick P.

Had the basic drivers installed from hp, went ahead and loaded the full blown hp driver and it is still doing the same thing... Just to make sure I was not losing my mind I hooked up an epson all in one and shared it to the homegroup using another office system in the homegroup. Sharing works just fine... Not quite sure where to go from here.

Posted 4 years ago

mengusprime

Anyone have anything better than Drivers???

Posted 4 years ago

mengusprime

Nevermind I fixed the issue myself. It is a printer specific issue... Thanks for all of the help lol

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix

Solved by User.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.